SODUS, N.Y. PHOTO ALBUM
1949 VIEW OF SODUS CENTER TRAIN STATION
VIEW OF S.B. COLEMAN HOME AND EMPIRE MILLS
Second from left is the home of Sidney B. & Frances Harriet Adams Coleman (grandparents of Alan Coleman Hardie) in the late 1800's to early 1900's. He owned Empire Mills, the white building left of tree, and built a dam at the stream on right of tree to make the pond seen in front of the buildings.
In 1989 when we visited Sodus Center, NY the home had been split into 2 parts, one part is still there, the second part was then split into parts & moved to two different locations in Sodus. All three parts were being lived in at that time. The Empire Mill building was being renovated by the owners of the property. Contributed by Dorathy Hardie
If you're interested in sharing a Town of Sodus photo, please email the site coordinators. We're primarily interested in photos of historical buildings, public monuments, events such as picnics, parties, reunions and parades, tombstones, vistas of farms, and family group photos (persons identified and pre-1920 only). [Important: we'd need to talk first to discuss resolution, file format, size, and how/when to send.] We look forward to adding interesting photos to the site overall.
Return to Town of Sodus Section
Return to Wayne County Historical Articles Section