The following information was graciously supplied in 1998 by James Ryan, Rose Town Historian in 1998, and prepared by Co-coordinator Allyn Hess Perry.

First Presbyterian Church

of

North Rose, NY

This Church was organized Dec. 23, 1907 and closed in 1970.

The first Elders were:

Frank Blanchard
Ishmael Gardner
Charles G. Oaks
Leonard Worden
Merriett Newberry
Fred Drakeford

The first Trustees were:

Addison Weed
E.W. Catchpole
Cassius Clapp
Merritt Newberry
Leonard Worden
Myron J. Lamb

The church was organized Dec. 23, 1907, the cornerstone laid June 2, 1908, and it was dedicated Nov. 17, 1908.

Organizations included: The Fortnightly Club, WideAwake Mission Board, Presbyterian Brotherhood.

They all worked hard and were able to pay the mortgage May 26, 1920. Mrs. Albert Dagle was the first organist and played most of the time until 1955.

Pastors were:

Oscar Beckus 1907
John C. Langford 1909
Omega Dutcher 1917
Charles Wyse 1919
John Langford 1922
Hyman Abrahamer 1925
Garner O'Dell 1931
Wm. Jacques 1932
Fred Brown 1933
Robert Russell 1938
Ralph Miller 1939
Francis Ruland 1941
Alfred H. Wright 1942
Ernest Dickenson 1943
Alfred H. Wright 1944
Ernest Dickenson 1944




Return to Town of Rose Section.

Return to Wayne County Historical Articles Section.




Created: 11/22/98
Copyright © 1998 - 2011 James Ryan/ Allyn Hess Perry
Special thanks to Frank Dennis for his interest in the Town of Rose.
Wayne County NYGenWeb
This site is a County Site of the USGenWeb Project
All Rights Reserved.