CHURCH OF CHRIST DISCIPLES
WAYNE COUNTY, NY
Click on picture for larger scrolling view.
Described as a stately church of colonial design, it was built in 1861 at a cost of
$3,000.00. Unfortunately, it burned to the ground in 1916, and another building
replaced it the following year. The roots of the congregation began in 1831, when
the first meeting was held at the home of Lyman Hill. Others present were Israel
Clapp, John Dratt, Andrew and Oscar Hall, Lydian and Sylvester Knapp, and Mrs. Chapin.
This is just one of the over 100 photos of Town of Butler historic buildings and families
that are available on a CD from Butler Historical Preservation Society.
Back to Town of Butler Section
Copyright © 2005 - 2011 Leola Crane Sutton
Wayne County NYGenWeb
A County Site of the USGenWeb Project
All Rights Reserved.